Friday, January 20, 2012

Warmer on the inside

How about this? I'm going to try to update my blog more by cross-posting from Ravelry. Here's something I just posted on the 12 socks in 2012 forum, but with more pictures:

Finished a pair! These are TARDIS socks for DH.


The white is a little undyed Knit Picks Stroll and the main color is Lorna’s Laces Solemate. This is my first experience with Solemate. It’s 30% Outlast, which is a fiber that was apparently developed for NASA to keep astronauts from getting too hot in their suits. It has a substance in it that undergoes a phase change when it reaches a comfy temperature, so it won’t get any warmer after that. DH hasn’t noticed a difference yet between these socks and his other wool socks, but we’ll see how it goes. The colorway is Cookie’s Deep Dark Secret, which is absolutely gorgeous.


I was making these socks using the instructions, which are for a women’s medium, and slightly larger needles (US2 instead of US1.5.) I’m a tight knitter and I thought this might result in men’s large or even be too small, but as it is they are pretty big and saggy. Nope, I didn’t check my gauge. I should do that. I decreased on the foot to 60 stitches instead of 72, and they seem pretty ok. Anyway, he likes them.


1 down, 11 to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home