Saturday, April 10, 2010

march of the sweaters

So I'm participating in IntSweMoDo2010, a KAL in which I attempt to knit 12 sweaters in 2010. I am well on my way.


The first was Snowflake's Feldspar, which I blogged about in the previous entry.

The second was Lily, a sweater I knit for me out of Elsebeth Lavold Baby Llama. This was my first experience with Llama, and I loved it!


Sorry, I don't have any good pictures of this sweater.

The third took me a solid month, and was the Apres Surf Hoodie for my friend Ting Ting. This is in Valley Yarns Colrain Lace.


Many adventures with this sweater. It is designed to be knit in pieces, but I knit it in the round and figured out how to do seamless set-in shoulders. Fabulous! This is especially exciting because I love the look of set-in sleeves, but I don't like sewing them in. Now, I can have the best of both worlds!

Sweater 4 was another Twist Collective pattern, Lorelei. This one was for my professor/committee member Lisa. She had commissioned a sweater from the department secretary a long time ago, and she had not gotten around to it, and so outsourced it to me. The yarn was a sport-weight Bond acquired from Australia. It was just lovely to work with.


It just fits her perfectly. I think I'm starting to get good at this fit thing!

Finally, number 5 is a UFO from 2008. I'm on a UFO kick right now! Yay! This is definitely the most expensive sweater I've ever knit, very possibly the softest, and probably the simplest. I bring you Woodside, out of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran.


A note about the pose: he is pretending to be Barney from a recent episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Here's one with a dog.


Gizmo was sort of sleepy for that one. It feels so good to get that off the needles after two years!!

And that pretty much brings us up to date!

I'm currently knitting my second attempt at Henley Perfected. Why is it my second attempt? This is another UFO from 2008. I started it and had pretty much the whole torso knit up, but when I picked it up again, it felt like it had expired. So I ripped it out and started over. I made some changes... I went up a needle size for improved gauge, did the hems a little differently, and modified it to be knit seamlessly in the round. My new favorite thing for set-in sleeves! I am very close to being finished with this sweater. I will try to let you know in a timely manner when it's done.

I've also knit a few things that aren't sweaters. Maybe I will tell you about those another time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home