Wednesday, February 10, 2010

POLAR BEARS

Snow day! This seems like a great day to update the blog. I need to tell you guys about my knitting for this year, but I really want to just talk about this awesome Polar Chullo. Maybe I'll make two blog posts, bringing me to a total of 100! Here we go!

So, for the past week (well, since Friday night, after I finished clue 4 of the Enchanted Wood Shawl) I have been obsessed with knitting this super fun hat! I finished it up last night. I made it in the recommended yarn, which was my first experience with Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift. I like it! It is not that soft but I can see why people love it for Fair Isle. I think I do want to make the Autumn Rose pullover out of it.

Here's the hat!



By the way, this is what happens when you try to take pictures of yourself wearing a hat... I'm not exactly centered in the pictures here.

I didn't block this hat last night because I wasn't sure if it needed blocking and I wanted to show it off at school today. But there was a snow day today, so I'm blocking the hat now.

I love this hat so much. SO MUCH. I think I just really like to do colorwork. I'm starting to think that I want to completely reknit the Bauhaus for Snowflake. It came out too small and actually fits me. I was thinking about knitting side panels, steeking, and inserting them, but now I kind of want to knit the whole thing over. It was fun!

What will my next crazy project be? Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home