Saturday, April 05, 2008

startitis continues

Woodside is coming along nicely.

Cherie Amour was looking really good in the below-waist skirt (peplum?) area. Then when I got to the ribbing, the colors started spiraling, which I found incredibly pleasing. Unfortunately, the return to lace after the ribbing resulted in nasty pooling. It was upsetting. So I ripped back to the ribbing and now I've been working two rows with one hank, two rows with another hank, on and on. So that's going, although I've put it aside for the last few days.

My mom visited and I managed to convince her to take me to WEBS and buy me $100 worth of yarn. ON SALE, so it's even more yarn than it sounds like. I got 9 skeins of RYC Cashsoft DK, which I plan to use for Henley Perfected from the winter Interweave Knits. I'm doing this as a mini-KAL with my friend Vera. This was actually premeditated yarn: I put some yarn for this project on my wishlist for Christmas. My mom was all set to get it and then realized that the store was in Northampton, and decided it was silly to ship it to Kentucky, then fly it back to Northampton. So instead she forgot about it, and then we decided to go get it. I'm glad because I requested Dale of Norway Falk, which I have not met in person, but I felt some Dale of Norway Hauk and did NOT like it at all. This RYC is a much better call, I think. Hmm, the WEBSite tells me that Hauk is treated with Teflon, while Falk is "wonderfully soft". Well, anyway, the yarn we did buy is delightful.

I also got 4 skeins of my very first Cascade 220. It's in a color and will be used for a project that is a surprise. If you're on ravelry, you can probably click on the SURPRISE WIP bar and find out more about it. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the project and really enjoying working with this yarn.

Last, I got 5 skeins of my very first Cascade 220 Superwash, in a reddish-brownish heather. This is for a vest for my mom. Mine will looking nothing like those pictures, as it will all be in one color. I hope to make the front a little like the back in terms of ribbing and cables. Hopefully it will work out.

In other news, I have pictures of Sheldon! This is a project I knit for Knitting Liberally's charity knitting project. I believe he is currently at NELCWIT. He was super fun to make. I made him in two colors of green Valley Yarns Superwash, generously donated by WEBS, and using needles sizes 3 and 4. He is much lighter in person, these pictures came out a little dark. I love this little guy.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home