Tuesday, April 29, 2008

some socks

I bought some Austermann Step at WEBS the other day. It's treated with aloe vera and jojoba oil. I decided to make a pair of socks for my mom, since her feet get really dry. Plain vanilla socks: these will have a 2x2 ribbed cuff, a heel flap, and a stockinette foot. I wasn't sure what the colorway would look like, so I decided not to risk some sort of pattern clash.

I'm a few inches in and here's what the colorway looks like: thick stripe of dark blue, thin of cream, thin of gray, thin of cream, thick stripe of light blue, thin of cream, thin of dark blue, think of cream, thick stripe of gray, thin of cream, thin of light blue, thin of cream, repeat. In other words, thick stripes in three colors. In between, small triplet stripes which consist of two cream stripes sandwiching a stripe in the color that does not appear on either side of the triplet stripe. Yeah, a picture would have been better. You guys will just have to wait.

I love the way the stripes are coming.

I also got a skein of Misti Alpaca Handpaint Sock, which is amazing. It's like a dark maroon/purple. It's for me, someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I can't wait to see a picture. I've knit one pair of socks with Step, and the striping pattern was fairly similar and really pretty. It felt so good on my hands and feet too - although they are over a year old now and just feel like regular hand-knit socks. Which is still pretty fabulous. :)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home