Monday, December 26, 2005

rainbow socks

current project: rainbow socks
designer: Rose Limke and Bonnie Brockburg
pattern source: Knit It! magazine, 2004
yarn: Sockotta, The Plymouth Italian Collection, color #30. machine washable. 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, 15% nylon. sort of a pastel rainbow mix.
yarn source: Ting Ting bought it for me during a sale at Windsor Button, in Boston.
needles: size 3 double-pointed
date begun: December 14 or thereabouts

status: I finished one sock and I'm most of the way through the cuff of the second.

I suppose I will post pictures when these are done.




Other things I'm thinking of:

Snowflake (boyfriend) wants me to make a throw for his new couch. The couch is off-white, so I'm thinking maroon, or maybe some type of blue. I just got the first volume of Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary and Snowflake picked stitch number 198 for the throw. But I didn't bring the book home over break and I don't really remember what it looked like. I think I will do it in pieces and sew it together, unless I get a better idea.

Molly (aunt) would like me to make her a triangular shawl. Her requests: a pretty open weave, grey, maybe with fringe, fuzzy. I'm thinking of using Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair if it's soft. Molly especially liked this pattern I found, so I think I'll go with that. Need to buy: yarn, size 13 circular needle, size K hook. If Michael's is well-stocked, I might be able to get this done before I leave for Boston again.

I love this cape. Ooooh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home