Tuesday, February 24, 2009

counting: sweaters and socks

Today Snowflake commented that he thought I had made more socks than sweaters. So I did a count.

Of course, it's not true. I have knit more socks than I sweaters. By my count*, I've knit 33 socks, and I've only knit 16 sweaters**. (Why the uneven number? Well, I'm more than halfway through a pair of socks right now, you see.) So hah! I've knit more socks than sweaters.

Of course, what Snowflake meant was that I've knit more pairs of socks than sweaters. I've knit 16 pairs of socks, and I've knit 16 sweaters. So yeah, it's pretty close. But judging by the way this last sock is going, I should be up to 17 in the very near future.

By the way, my Riding to Avalon hoodie is dry and I'm wearing it right now! Yaaay!

*It wasn't that hard to do the count. Yes, I've been knitting since I was 6 or so, but I haven't been knitting sweaters or socks that long. I knit my first pair of socks near the end of my freshman year of college, and I knit my first sweater near the end of my senior year of college. So all my sweaters and almost all my socks are on ravelry.

**To be a sweater, it had to have sleeves. Vests and sleeveless tops don't count. Baby sweaters do count. I've knit two baby sweaters, so if you don't want to count those, we're down to 14. I've got a number of sweaters at near-completion, and I didn't count those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home